The Bible has a lot to say about marriage, so let’s see 10 Bible Verses from the Bible about marriage—and then look at each one more closely.
1) Mark 10:6-9 = God instituted marriage and gives it His blessing. (See also Genesis 1:27, 28; Hebrew 13:4)
2) Genesis 2:18 = God created humans with an innate need and desire for the close bond that marriage provides. (See also Proverbs 18:22)
3) Genesis 2:23, 24 = Husband and wife become “one” in the marriage bond. (See also Matthew 19:5, 6)
4) Ecclesiastes 9:9 = Marriage is a lifelong commitment. (See also Proverbs 5:18)
5) Ephesians 5:28, 33 = Husbands and wives are to love and respect each other.
6) II Corinthians 6:14 = Husbands and wives should be bonded together with a similarity of beliefs, goals, and objectives. (See also Deuteronomy 7:3, 4; Genesis 24:3, 4)
7) Exodus 20:17 = Husbands and wives are to be sexually faithful to each other in the marriage relationship. (See also Leviticus 18:20)
8) Matthew 5:32 = Adultery is the only biblically acceptable reason for divorce.
9) Isaiah 62:5 = An ideal marriage relationship mirrors God’s loving relationship with His people. (See also Isaiah 54:5; Ephesians 5:25)
10) Proverbs 31:10 = A strong marriage relationship is a precious thing.